With an estimated market worth of $550 billion by 2020, there’s no question that the Internet of Things wave is making a permanent, revolutionary mark on how we see technology, and what it’s capable of in the future. We’re just beginning to scratch the surface of what IoT can do for us, how it integrates with computing, and what this means for the future of cybersecurity and real-time tracking. Just about everything today can be connected and mapped with the help of IoT .
What is the current outlook for Internet of Things globally?
By 2025, it is estimated that there will be more than 21 billion IoT devices globally. Moreover, consumers won’t be the only ones using IoT devices, cities and companies will also increasingly be adopting the Internet of Things technology to save resources and bring about greater development for all. Cities will automate, remotely manage and collect data using Internet of Things. As 5G rollouts begin, the growth of IoT will be fueled further. IoT devices are expected to generate 79.4 zettabytes of data in 2025, predicts IDC.
How important is an Internet of Things certification for my career?
According to renowned website, TechCrunch, Internet of Things will do exactly what technology does everywhere – it will supplant low-skill jobs with high-skill jobs. Worldwide, IoT managers and other professional designations involving IoT as a mandatory skill are being added to numerous corporate handbooks. Not just entry-level and mid-level, new job titles are also being created for C-level positions, such as, Chief IoT Officer (CIoTO). Studies show that about 94% of organizations polled have claimed to be investing in initiatives prepared for IoT, with the investments being diversified across infrastructure, security, R&D, skills and personnel.
Such is the demand of IoT skilled professionals around the world today. With that, you can only imagine how wide the demand-supply gap for skilled IoT professionals would be. With a globally recognized IoT certification, you can set yourself apart in the market, and stand out in front of recruiters and hiring managers.
Is the Internet of Things training and certification offered by Cognixia globally recognized?
Yes, the Internet of Things training and certification offered by Cognixia is globally recognized. This certificate is given out by Cognixia itself upon successful completion of the training and clearing the assessments, as well as other parameters. You can add this credential to your resume, your LinkedIn profile, share it on social media, as well as present it along with your resume as a validation of your skills in Internet of Things.
What does this Internet of Things training cover?
The Internet of Things training offered by Cognixia covers:
- IoT technology and tools
- Core concepts and background technologies
- Features of the IoT landscape
- Sensors, microcontrollers and communication interfaces for designing and building IoT devices
- Designing and building a network based on the client server
- Publishing/subscribing to connect, collect data, monitor and manage assets
- Writing device, gateway and server-side scripts and apps, enabling them to aggregate and analyze sensor data
- Selecting application layer protocols and web services architectures for a seamless integration of various components within an IoT ecosystem
- Reviewing standard development initiatives and reference architectures
- Deploying various types of analytics on machine data to define context, find faults, ensure quality and extract valuable actionable insights
- Cloud infrastructure, services, APIs and architectures of commercial and industrial cloud platforms
- Prevalent computing architecture, including distributed, centralized and edge/fog computing
Who is this IoT training course for?
This IoT course is intended for IT professionals, electrics and electronics engineers, designers and solution architects. Existing as well as aspiring entrepreneurs who are interested in building smart IoT-based solutions for customers will also find this IoT training and certification course very useful. This IoT training is beneficial for both – recent graduates as well as experienced professionals.
What are the prerequisites for this Internet of Things training course?
This Internet of Things certification course requires participants to have a fundamental understanding of electronic circuit design, microcontrollers as well as programming languages. Basic computer knowledge is also essential.