ITIL® and IT Service Management
IT Service Management provides the ability to establish efficient and effective processes based on internationally accepted best practices in support of business needs. Cognixia’s approach to service management training is three-fold:
- We have a fully developed portfolio of formally accredited ITIL® (v3, 2011) and ITIL® 4 classes from the foundation to intermediate and expert levels that help organizations and people understand ITIL® best practices and achieve ITIL® certifications.
- Cognixia has a set of applied service management classes that are targeted to specific topics that help organizations deeply understand and apply service management concepts to meet their specific organizational needs.
- Cognixia utilizes simulation technology to provide hands-on experience with ITIL® and service management methods in the context of a fictional organization.
- ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The IT Infrastructure Library®, popularly called as ITIL®, is a library of volumes describing a framework of best practices for delivering IT services. Today, ITIL® is the most widely used framework for IT and digitally enabled services in the world. It provides comprehensive, practical and proven guidance for establishing an effective service management system.
What is ITIL®?
ITIL® supports organizations and individuals who seek to derive optimal value from IT and digital services. It helps define the direction of the service provider with a clear capability model while aligning them in line with the business strategy as well as customer requirements.
ITIL® is a professionally recognized certification scheme, providing a common glossary of terms for businesses using IT enabled services, while also giving them valuable practical guidance for effective service management. The certification scheme enables service management practitioners to demonstrate their abilities in adopting and adapting to the framework for addressing specific business needs.
Thousands of organizations globally have adopted ITIL® practices, including NASA, Microsoft, HSBC, Spotify, US Department of Interior, etc.
The latest version of ITIL® certifications – ITIL 4
The latest version of ITIL 4 has been launched in 2019, and in 2020, all the tracks have been updated to ITIL 4 version. ITIL 4 expands on the previous versions of ITIL by providing practical and flexible basis to support organizations on their journey to the new world of digital transformation.
ITIL 4 certifications – From Input to Value
When smart companies go looking for a way to re-think their business operations, ITIL 4 would be the perfect place to start. ITIL 4’s Service Value Chain helps organizations see how value is created end-to-end – from demand to customer value. In the current competitive world where market strategies change pretty quickly, IT needs to keep up with the fast-paced changes, and ITIL 4 helps them achieve that.
The ITIL Certification scheme provides a modular approach to the ITIL framework, and comprises of a series of qualifications that focus on different on different aspects of IT best practices to varying degrees of detail. The tiered structure of qualifications offers candidates flexibility around the different disciplines and areas of ITIL, as well as enabling them to focus their studies on their key areas of interest.
With the recent transition from ITIL v3 to ITIL 4, the certification tracks have been recently upgraded and are up-to-date with the latest developments in the industry.
ITIL Training at Cognixia
Cognixia is an Authorized Training Organization with Axelos Limited, the owner of ITIL and its certification scheme. Cognixia’s approach to IT Service Management Training is three-fold:
- A fully developed portfolio of formally accredited ITIL® v3, 2011 and ITIL® 4 classes, from foundation to intermediate to expert levels that help people and organizations understand ITIL® best practices and achieve ITIL® certifications.
- A set of applied service management classes that are targeted to topics that help organizations deeply understand and apply service management concepts to meet their specific organizational needs.
- Simulation technology to provide hands-on experience with ITIL® and service management methods in the context of a fictional organization
Cognixia’s ITIL trainings discuss all the concepts thoroughly, and involves multiple hands-on case studies and practical exercises that enable participants to derive a detailed understanding, in turn preparing them in the best possible way for the ITIL certification examinations.
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.