This is the world of the computers and the internet. When you have computers, you have to contend with data and information. Storage and assimilation of data are vital. The physical methods of data storage are just not sufficient to store such large volumes of data. In addition, you have to deal with the security of the information. Cloud computing is the only solution to this problem.
ROLE OF COGNIXIA – TRAINING THE WORKFORCE
Cloud computing is a new development. Corporates are investing heavily in this technology. Therefore, there is an urgent need for the corporates to train their workforce. Cognixia a Collabera Learning Solutions Company can help them in this endeavor. They have various tailor-made courses for training the corporate work-forces in the field of automation like AI, Robotics, Cloud Computing, and others.
Who are the leading investors in cloud computing?
Given the nature of the business, it should not be difficult to name the top investors in cloud computing:
- Microsoft – The prime position belongs to Microsoft. They have deep involvement in all the three layers of cloud computing, IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS. In addition, they have their investment in AI, ML, and Blockchain. The total investment by Microsoft as per reliable source is around $16.7 billion with a further projection of $20.4 billion for the years to come. This makes it the largest investor in cloud computing. (Source – Forbes)
- Amazon – How can you imagine a world in cloud computing without mentioning the contribution of Amazon? Amazon Web Service (AWS) is no stranger at all to anybody. As on date, Amazon is the second largest investor in cloud computing with annualized revenue of $16 billion.
- IBM – One of the leading manufacturers of computer hardware, IBM has also forayed into cloud computing with a $15.8 billion investment. This company has its presence in all the three layers of cloud computing. They are also aggressively promoting AI and ML for creating long-lasting customer solutions.
There are other companies like Salesforce, SAP, Google, and Oracle in the top 10 cloud computing investors. This shows that investing in cloud computing is inevitable under today’s circumstances. Cognixia comes into the picture at this juncture as it facilitates training the corporate workforce into using cloud computing technologies for meeting their business requirements.
ADVANTAGES OF INVESTING IN CLOUD COMPUTING:
There are a host of advantages to corporate for investing in cloud computing technology. Let us look at some of them in brief.
- Reduce costs – When you invest in cloud computing as a method of storage, you reduce your expenditure on hardware and their necessary upgrades. This improves the cost-efficiency of the corporates.
- Takes care of future demands – The infrastructure you have today might suffice at present. However, you never know what your position would be like in the future. Cloud computing helps to cope up with the increasing demands in the future.
- Easy to monitor – You have the host provider doing the hard work of monitoring your IT requirements. This leaves you with enough time and resources to run your business without worrying about the IT part.
- Improve security – This is the biggest advantage of cloud computing. Your host provider has the responsibility of maintaining the security of your website. It ensures that there are no security breaches thereby helping you with your regulatory compliance.
- Reduce carbon footprint – This is the most energy-efficient system of all. Investing in cloud computing services helps you play your role in reducing the carbon footprint thereby ensuring a better world for the future generation.
FUTURE SCOPE OF CLOUD COMPUTING IN CORPORATE SECTOR
Predicting the future is always an exciting thing to do. In the normal case, we leave things to chance. But, it is not so in the case of cloud computing. You can very well foresee the benefits that can incur to you when you invest in cloud computing. Cloud computing has an exciting future.
- A clear distinction between software and hardware – With the continued use of cloud computing, a day will come when the software will be completely separated from the hardware. It will pass through several filtering layers before reaching your computer systems.
- The modular software will become the order of the day – The position today indicates that in the future, applications will not only be stored in cloud servers but also in modules located on these cloud servers. Hence, you can expect modular software to be the order of the day.
- Security will become superior – Naturally, it has to. With the over-reliance on cloud computing in the future, there have to be tremendous advancements in the security aspects.
TRAINING THE CORPORATE WORKFORCE:
The advancements in cloud computing and other aspects of industrial automation envisage that the workforce handling these operations should have the requisite capacity and ability. Cognixia conducts various corporate training programs in such fields of automation like cloud computing, that can be of great use to corporates. There is a need to train the workforce on aspects of security. This is going to be a burning topic in the near future. Cognixia has specialized courses for all streams of automation in the industry.