“Cloud Architect” is one of the buzzwords around the cloud, and we’re sure you’ve heard it. In this blog, we’ll discuss cloud architect performance, as well as the skills and credentials required to work as one. If you decide to pursue this career route, we will also outline some of the types of employment that are accessible.
AWS Solutions Architect
The components and subcomponents required for cloud computing are referred to as cloud computing architecture. A front-end platform, back-end platforms, cloud-based delivery, and a network are typical components. These components, when combined, form the cloud computing architecture. The design of cloud solutions is based on architectural procedures and methods that have been developed over the last 20 years or so.
Now understand what a solutions architect is –
AWS Solutions Architects (SAs) are in charge of managing an organization’s cloud computing architecture. They are well-versed in the architectural principles and services that are used to develop a technical cloud strategy, assist with cloud migration efforts, review workload architectures, and provide guidance on how to address high-risk issues.
An SA is the vanguard of the AWS Well-Architected Framework pillars, ensuring that customers adhere to best practices, guidance, and recommendations to develop cloud solutions that are secure, resilient, efficient, and managed with operational excellence. To do so, SAs must have a combination of business, technical, and people skills, as well as an understanding of the ever-changing technical training that may benefit their team.
A solutions architect creates business applications as well as cloud infrastructure. This specialist:
- Creates cloud solutions to help businesses achieve their goals.
- Creates advanced cloud-based solutions for cloud workload hosting.
- Monitors and manages the risks of software and application downtime, security breaches, and distribution errors.
Utilizes Amazon’s best practices for AWS cloud planning, design, implementation, and scaling.
What are the prerequisite skills?
If you want to be a Cloud Architect, you should already have a strong background in cloud computing or a related technical area. If you are comfortable with most, if not all, of the following concepts, you are probably on the right track. Otherwise, we would recommend doing some preliminary research or work in these areas before taking on the role of Cloud Architect.
- Must be fluent in at least one operating system, Linux, Windows, Unix, Solaris, or Ubuntu. Linux is the recommended operating system experience (Ubuntu or Red Hat). Prior experience as a solutions architect or administrator in any of the operating systems, on the other hand, is also beneficial.
- Must understand specific programming or scripting languages in general.
- Should know networking concepts such as IP addresses, TCP/IP, DNS, and HTTP.
- Should have a high-level understanding of critical security concepts such as firewalls.
AWS Solutions Architect Certifications Required
Let’s look at the certifications that can help you get started in your career. There are two notable certifications for beginning a career as an AWS solutions architect. The first certification, AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Associate, is appropriate for newcomers. After completing this certification, candidates may elect to take the AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification exam. Let’s go over the fundamentals of these two certification exams in the AWS solution architect career path.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
Without a doubt, the AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Associate certification is the go-to option for AWS Solution architect fresher candidates! The certification requires one or more years of experience designing distributed AWS systems with higher availability, scalability, and cost-efficiency. The certification exam is available in four languages: English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese.
The certification exam would last 130 minutes, or two hours and ten minutes. Candidates must take the certification exam at a testing facility of their choice. The AWS associate solutions architect certification exam assesses the following skills in applicants.
- Productive display of architectural knowledge and the implementation of safe and robust apps utilizing AWS technology.
- Using architectural design concepts to define solutions based on customer needs.
- Providing businesses with direction for project execution based on best practices throughout the project lifecycle.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate credential is your best bet! The AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Professional test, on the other hand, allows you to advance in your profession. After two years of service as an AWS Solution architect, you may apply for this certification.
The certification test is accessible in the following languages: English, Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese. The exam lasts around 170 minutes, or 2 hours and 50 minutes. Candidates must take the certification exam at a testing facility of their choosing. The question format would be multiple choice and multiple response questions. Candidates’ abilities are tested in the following areas during the certification exam.
- Design and deploy AWS applications that are dynamically scalable, fault-tolerant, dependable, and highly available.
- Choosing the best AWS services for creating and delivering apps.
- AWS migration of complex and multi-tiered applications.
- Cost-cutting methods are being used.
- Creating and delivering enterprise-wide scalable operations using the Amazon Web Services platform.
Create a learning plan with objectives
It is really important to understand how you learn and where you want to take your skills and career. You might be able to read a book and recall everything the first time you read it. You may learn and develop your abilities by engaging in a variety of media and activities. If AWS Certification is part of your objective, look at the AWS Solutions Architect – Associate and AWS Solutions Architect – Professional study paths. Each route provides targeted, prescriptive information to help you prepare for the certification test. Do you already have these two? Challenge yourself to go beyond these qualifications and obtain one or more of the six AWS specialty-level certifications.
If you are looking forward to upgrading your skill with AWS certification, Cognixia is here to provide you with precisely what you need – intuitive AWS cloud computing training.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is dominating the cloud computing market. As more businesses migrate to the cloud, the demand for AWS solution architects grows. Architecting on AWS is a hugely profitable way to capitalize on market demand and implement your IT skills to high-paying roles. If you are an IT professional looking to advance your career, now is your chance to change gears and take it to the next level.
AWS provides all of the cloud’s benefits, including flexibility, reduced time-to-market, and elasticity, among others. AWS outperforms other cloud service providers on the market in terms of both data availability and high transfer stability.
Get Certified in AWS & Upgrade Your Skills
Enroll in Cognixia’s cloud computing with AWS training course and upgrade your skillset. You can influence your career and future with our hands-on, live, highly interactive, and instructor-led online course. You may get an advantage in this competitive market by providing an extremely user-friendly online learning experience. We will assist you in improving your knowledge and adding value to your talents by offering engaging training sessions.
Cognixia’s cloud computing with AWS certification course discusses the basics of AWS & cloud computing, then moves on to more advanced concepts, like service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), Amazon Private Virtual Cloud (AWS VPC), and more.
This online AWS cloud computing course will cover the following concepts:
- Introduction to AWS & Cloud Computing
- EC2 Compute Service
- AWS Cost Controlling Strategies
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud, i.e., VPC
- S3 – Simple Storage Service
- Elastic File System
- Identity Access Management (IAM)
- ELB (Elastic Load Balancer)
- Auto Scaling
- Cloud Formation & Cloud Former
- Simple Notification Service (SNS)
- Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Elastic Beanstalk
- AWS Application Services for Certifications
All you need to know to enroll in this course is basic computer skills. Some experience of Linux would be advantageous, but it is not required.
The course is perfect for network engineers, system administrators, and aspirants who have a solid understanding of coding principles or procedures and wish to further their expertise.
Fresh graduates with a rudimentary understanding of coding can also enroll in this course and advance their careers.