The demand for app development is booming – it is growing faster than ever. Traditional development approaches pose major challenges for keeping up with the constantly changing business requirements. This is where the role of low code development comes into play.
Low Code Development
Low code development is a modular software development approach that enables faster app delivery by curbing the development duration to a fraction made possible by skipping hand-coding. This approach utilizes component-based architecture, that is reusable and accelerates both the app development and its delivery cycle. Further, a collection of visual development tools is included in low code development platforms that also help in speeding up the process via their modeling and graphical interfaces.
According to a report by Gartner, the low code development tech market is forecasted to see a growth of 23% in 2021. And by 2024, low code development will be applied to more than 65% of app development processes. This increase in popularity of the approach is what makes it important for the developers and the organizations to understand the concept of low code, its platforms, and how it works.
Low Code Development Platform
A low code platform involves a set of tools that enables you to develop and deliver the applications without any complex coding or syntaxes. The platforms have drag & drop features that allow you to create visually pleasing applications much faster – with modern user interfaces, data, integrations, and more. Apps require minimal manual coding.
Here’s what a standard low code development platform includes –
- Visual Modeling: This feature allows you to view your application as you create it, making it easier to understand the design of the application.
- Drag & Drop Configuration: In-built drag & drop interfaces that allow users to create apps faster, without the traditional tedious hand-coding. Moreover, the app is easier to manage because of the visual modules.
- App Security: The built-in security features in a low code development platform make the process safe and reliable for enterprises.
- Multi-device Deployment: The multi-channel compatibility of low code development allows you to access the app on any device, while also eliminating the need to create the functionalities again as you can re-use the ones already created.
- Better Scalability: With low code, managing and controlling the app’s accessibility becomes easier as it allows you to designate roles & permissions as per your requirements.
How Low Code Development Helps Organizations
The demand for applications is rising and with that, the pressure on organizations to deliver robust software on time is increasing. Companies following traditional development approaches are struggling to keep up with the pace. Hence, the need to switch to low code development.
Not only does the low code approach reduce the complexity of the development process, but it also boosts the productivity and speed of the IT team. The agile development process motivates the team to get more work done than usual as there is minimal hand-coding.
Further, the increased flexibility allows the team to be on the same page. There is greater understanding and responsiveness among the team resulting in elevated customer experience.
According to Gartner, Microsoft was the leading platform for enterprise-level low code development. Companies can leverage its functions to create visual apps using low code development with Microsoft Azure Certification.
Manage Your Business Easily with Microsoft Azure Training
The low code development approach is going to revolutionize the development activities across industries, making it the perfect time for organizations to invest in low code development platforms as well as upskill their teams to embrace the new technologies.
Cognixia is committed to driving and influencing this agile mindset to fundamentally change companies and their tech DNA, helping them upskill their workforce and transform the ecosystem they function in. Whether it is upgrading your company’s technologies by upskilling your teams or delivering future-ready talent to hire, Cognixia can help you switch to agile methodology and get ahead of the technology curve.
We power your workforce to keep pace with the world with a complete workforce transformation. Cognixia is a Microsoft Silver Partner and can provide a complete portfolio of Microsoft Azure training and certification courses for the organization workforce, customized to individual requirements.
Nominate your team members for our popular AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator training to implement innovative solutions at your organization. The AZ-104: Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator training is delivered by vetted & highly experienced Microsoft certified training instructors who are subject matter experts in Microsoft Azure as well as cloud computing.
After the completion of this training, the participants will be able to:
- Manage Azure subscriptions
- Secure identities
- Administer the infrastructure
- Configure virtual networking
- Connect Azure and on-premises sites
- Manage network traffic
- Implement storage solutions
- Create & scale virtual machines
- Implement web apps & containers
- Back up & share data
- Monitor your solution