Android App Development Certification
The most popular and rapidly-growing operating system for mobile devices, tablets, and various other smart devices in the world is Android. In fact, it not just an operating system, it is a complete software stack for mobile devices, which includes an operating system, middleware, and key applications. With Linux kernel at its base, Android has C/C++ libraries along with a runtime environment, application framework, and core applications at the top. Various APIs and tools are provided by Android SDK that are imperative for application development on this platform. Basically, Android applications are written in Java and Android’s runtime environment is responsible to run them on end devices.
Android App development training offered by Cognixia is a comprehensive training in android application development processes, and cover key points such as:
- UI and UX Design
- Material Design
- Calls and SMS
- Services and Broadcast Receivers
- Notification Manager
- Content Provider
- Location services
- Web Services
- Gradle Mechanism and many others
There is hardly anything you cannot do with the help of mobile apps. Mobile apps have changed the way we do business, socialize, and get entertained. Mobile app developers have all the tools required to come up with innovative apps and help shape the global economy. The number of smartphone users is expected to grow to 2.5 billion by 2019 and 80% of smartphones run on Android. The number of Android developers required in the next couple of years in going to be enormous. No wonder the Android developer remains one of the most in-demand professionals in the world!
Businesses, big or small, are investing in app development. Having an app for your business is not a luxury, but has become a necessity. In fact, about 50% of all small businesses will have a mobile app of their own. Having an app gives businesses a sales boost by giving users a quick way to access products or services. It also helps in creating an engagement with customers and bettering the customer experience.
According to Matt Miller, CTO at CyberCoders, “For mobile programmers who specialize in and are familiar with the Android operating system, there is no better time to improve your Android skills and look for a job.”
Android will continue leading the global smartphone operating system market for many years. Being an open-source operating system, Android allows app developers to work on new ideas and come with innovative apps without investing a dime.
Android App Development Course Objectives
Android Application Development Training offered by Cognixia is a course designed to provide thorough knowledge about:
- Android Development tools such as Android Studio, Gradle, ADB, AVD and SDK manager
- Basic building blocks like Activities, Fragments, Content Providers and Broadcast Receivers
- UI /UX development for Android Application
- How to Use Material Design for the best UI Practices
- Working with local and remote databases
- Working with various APIs including Google Map API
- Testing and Debugging applications
- How to publish your App on Google Play
Prerequisites for Android Application development Course
The pre-requisites for Android Application development training are:
- Professionals and students who are willing to create their own real-time Android application, and/or want to make a career in Android development
- Java professionals or students who have the basic knowledge of Java and object-oriented programming, and want to boost their career with Android development training
- Java Concepts
- What is Android
- Android History
- Android Versions
- Platform and Architecture
- Android Market
- Development Tools
- Working with Android Studio
- Understanding Gradle
- Project Dependencies
- Build and Run your App
- Generate APKs
- Instant Run
- Core Building Blocks
- Activity in Android
- Layouts and View Groups
- Layout Attributes
- Languages and Local Support
- Custom Views
- Making Apps More Accessible
- Runtime configuration changes
- Events and Listeners
- Synthesizing Task Stacks
- Working with Styles and Themes
- Introduction to Material Design
- Material Themes
- Elevation and shadow
- Android Threading Model
- Processes and Life Cycle
- List View
- Recycler View
- Coordinator Layout
- Tab Layout
- More Advanced Views
- Intent Service
- Broadcast Receivers
- Pending Intents
- Content Provider
- Content Observer
- Job Scheduler
- Adding support Libraries
- Working with Sqlite database
- CRUD Operations
- SQLite Transaction
- Working with Assets
- Networking in Android
- Shared Preferences
- “Listening” to preference changes
- Internal Storage
- External Storage
- Adding widget to user screen
- Designing the widget
- Updating widget
- Woking with google Map API
- Markers on Map
- Drawing on Map
- UI Controls and Listeners for Google Map API
- Testing in Android
- Unit Testing
- Instrumentation Testing
- Libraries for Testing
- Understanding LogCat
- Stacktraces and StrictMode
- Publishing application to Play Store
We provide 30 hours (10 sessions) of live online training, including live POC and assignments.
Live and interactive online sessions with an industry expert instructor.
Expert technical team available for query resolution.
We provide lifetime Learning Management System (LMS) access, which you can access from across the globe.
We strive to offer the best price to our customers with the guarantee of quality service levels.
After completing the course, you will appear for an assessment from Cognixia. Once you pass, you will be awarded a course completion certificate.
Our instructors are certified professionals, with more than 14+ years of industry experience, and are Subject Matter Experts.
To attend the live virtual training, at least 2 Mbps of internet speed would be required.
Candidates need not worry about losing any training session. They will be able to view the recorded sessions available on the LMS. We also have a technical support team to assist the candidates in case they have any query.
Access to the Learning Management System (LMS) will be for lifetime, which includes class recordings, presentations, sample code, and projects.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 18179
- Assessments Yes