What comes to mind when you think about the cloud? Is it the big fluffy white cotton ball in the blue sky or did you think of the huge hybrid virtual servers which can be accessed remotely? If you’re thinking of the latter, then you’ve landed on the right page. This blog talks about cloud computing and how it has taken the IT infrastructure by storm. We focus on AWS and how it made network storage the beating heart of big corporations. Huge brands such as Netflix, Spotify and many more along with our collective tech minds have been enveloped by the magnificent cloud.
The idea of Cloud Computing revolves around organizations not owning their own servers but renting a server at a data center of another company instead. Businesses are increasingly making heavy investments in cloud computing solutions. These investments are paying off big time as the cost-effective and scalable cloud computing solution provides business features like storage services, analytics services, app services, content delivery management, mobile networking, etc. Everything cloud related is creating a major buzz within the IT spectrum and we cannot wait to tell you all about it.
Why Amazon Web Services (AWS)?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) by Amazon specializes in cloud computing solutions. It holds the lion’s share in the cloud market with a whopping 33% capture of the total industry spend, as of July 2020. AWS is leading the pack and enjoying the perks of being the first-mover in the cloud computing market. It is way ahead in the game with Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform playing catch up. AWS adoption has tremendously increased this past decade with many more promising years ahead. This makes an AWS certified professional “hot commodity” in the employment market. Employers are eager to employ certified and experienced professionals and even a year such as 2020 has not impacted the popularity of this certification.
Value of AWS Certification
- AWS Salaries: Who would say no to a flourishing career with high income and growth prospects? There have been numerous surveys conducted in the market which proves the scope of progress for professionals pursuing to become AWS architects or developers. The sky is the limit as professionals can earn a high range of salaries with a combination of experience and an AWS Cloud Computing certification. As per Glassdoor, the average AWS salary in India starts from Rs. 6,07,000 per annum. The salary can go as high as Rs. 1,537,000 per annum depending on your experience and other factors such as location and employer.
- Cloud is the future: The Boston Consulting Group estimates India’s cloud computing market to grow to a total of $8 billion by 2023. As per Gartner, India ranked third in 2019 amongst all the countries in terms of revenue growth from cloud services. AWS enjoys the first mover’s advantage as it was introduced in 2006. Azure launched in 2010, has grown steadily but only owns 18% of the total market share. AWS has further shown significant competition by collaborating and partnering with Bharti Airtel. The two have entered into a 10-year strategic partnership which has immensely benefitted the popularity of AWS.
- AWS Digital Badge: AWS certification helps in recognizing the potential and talent of certified professionals by honoring them with a digital badge of recognition. The badge represents your certification achievement and can be displayed on your social media platforms such as LinkedIn. It can even be a part of your email signatures.
- Increased Opportunity: Due to the wide adoption of AWS services within industries globally, recruiters and head-hunters are always in search of talent AWS professionals. AWS not only owns the majority of the market share but also about a third of the Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) market. An AWS certification gives you a good head start and provides you with a stepping stone to move ahead. It will make your resume stand out and validate your skills & knowledge. However, it is imperative to remember that an AWS certification in no way trumps real-world experience. While, the AWS certification provides you with headway in the industry, the journey after that is solely based on experience, relentlessness and passion for learning.
- AWS Partner Network: Companies with AWS certified professionals can become a member of the AWS Partner Network (APN). This elite club comes with numerous benefits such as discounts on training and AWS user support. APN acts as a competitive advantage for the company giving it an edge over others. It ultimately helps the organizations in landing more AWS projects. Moreover, organizations working on AWS projects day-in-day-out can immensely benefit with AWS certified staff who can technically help the organization.
- Become part of a growing community: An AWS certification gives you access to the elite community of AWS experts. Certified professionals can access the AWS Certified LinkedIn community and network. Earning this certification provides you with the opportunity to expand your network opening up paths for interesting opportunities and knowledge sharing.
- AWS learning resources: AWS certified professionals have access to some of the most in-depth and advanced learning resources. AWS has been around for so long that you can get your hands on numerous learning materials.
The Way Forward
There are major investments being made left, right and center to technologically and digitally evolve corporations. Innovative and forward-thinking companies are not waiting any longer and investing in prevalent cloud-based solutions. Cloud is not only limited to big corps any more. The smaller and mid-sized players have also joined in and taking full advantage of the scalability and cost-effectiveness. There has never been a better time to invest your time and efforts towards certification, as this one would count for life and make a major difference by bringing your resume to par with the truly elite of the AWS world.
Are you still contemplating whether to jump on to the bandwagon of AWS certified professionals? Visit our website for detailed information on AWS course and get the answers to all your questions.
Cognixia – World’s leading digital talent transformation company offers the Cloud Computing with AWS training course which discusses basics of AWS and cloud computing, then moves to discuss advanced concepts such as service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). We wrap it all up in a deep dive into details on particular elements of the AWS platform. The course helps you prepare for the AWS Solutions Architect – Associate Level certification exam.