Data migration has become a key challenge for many organizations due to the fast rise of cloud technologies. Data migration is the process of transferring data from one location to another. It might be a time-consuming and difficult procedure, but with the correct tools, it can be simple and smooth.
In this blog, we will discuss what data migration is, the types of data migration tools, and also look at the top 5 data migration tools for cloud professionals:
What is data migration? Why is it needed?
Data migration is the process of moving data from one system to another. It is essential when an organization switches to a new system, merges with another firm, or moves to the cloud. The procedure entails copying data from the source system, altering it, and then loading it into the endpoint system. Data migration is critical for organizations that want to secure the integrity, security, as well as accessibility of their data.
Types of Data Migration Tools
Businesses can write their data migration scripts or use cloud-based or on-premises technology. Self-scripted data migration is an in-house solution that is suitable for minor projects but insufficient for larger ones. On-premises data migration tools are the best option if all of your data is in one location.
Cloud-based data migration Tools may benefit organizations migrating data from many platforms/sources to a cloud-based destination. Here is a more in-depth look at all three types of data migration tools:
On-premise solutions work well for static data needs with no plans for growth. It is a good alternative for compliance requirements prohibiting multitenant or cloud-based data migration technologies. It offers low latency and complete stack control from the application to the physical layers. This, however, requires that these instruments should stay active.
Self-Scripted Solutions :
These are ideal for small-scale tasks and quick service. You may also utilize them when current tools do not support a certain destination or source. Self-scripted data migration solutions are quick to develop, but they need advanced coding abilities.
When businesses need to scale up and down to meet changing data requirements, they adopt cloud-based data migration tools. These tools offer a pay-as-you-go price approach, which prevents squandering resources.
Top tools for data migration
Dextrus is a cloud-based ETL solution that makes data movement easier. It has a simple user interface that allows users to set up data transfer operations rapidly. Dextrus can access data from a variety of sources, including databases, cloud storage, and flat files. It also has powerful data transformation features that allow users to alter data as needed.
- Create batch & real-time streaming data pipelines within minutes, then automate & operationalize them using the built-in approval and version control system.
- Create and manage a simple cloud Datalake for cold and warm data analytics and reporting.
- You may analyze and acquire insights into your data using visualizations and dashboards.
- Prepare datasets for sophisticated analytics by wrangling them.
- Construct and deploy machine learning systems for exploratory data analysis (EDA) & prediction.
Integrate.io is a cloud-based data integration solution with several integration features. It accepts data from a variety of sources, including databases, cloud storage, and APIs. Integrate.io also supports data transformation, allowing users to alter data as needed. It has an easy-to-use user interface that makes data movement easier.
- io has various functions that can make migrations simpler for you. It will aid in your cloud migration.
- io has options for connecting to older systems.
- It will allow you to simply connect to on-premise, older systems and move data from them.
- It is compatible with Oracle, Teradata, DB2, SFTP, and SQL servers.
Azure DocumentDB is a cloud-based NoSQL database that allows for easy data movement. It works with a variety of data sources, including MongoDB and Cassandra. Azure DocumentDB also has powerful data transformation features, allowing customers to change data as needed. It is perfect for enterprises that demand a highly available, scalable NoSQL database.
- It can load data from any of the following sources: SQL, CSV files, JSON files, MongoDB, Azure Table storage, Amazon Dynamo DB, Azure Document DB, and HBase.
- It is compatible with Windows operating systems and .NET frameworks 4.5.1 and above.
DBConvert Studio is a data migration program that works with a variety of databases, such as MySQL, Oracle, and PostgreSQL. It has a simple user interface that allows users to set up data transfer operations rapidly. DBConvert Studio also has powerful data transformation tools that enable users to alter data as needed.
- You can rename all database objects during migration.
- Map data types to all target tables as well as to individual tables.
- Use filters to extract the essential data from the Source database.
- Assign the source table to an already existing Target table.
AWS Data Migration Service
AWS Data Transfer Service is a cloud-based data transfer solution that makes migrating data to AWS easier. It is compatible with a broad variety of data sources, including on-premise databases, SaaS applications, and cloud-based databases. AWS Data Migration Service has a simple user interface allowing customers to set up data migration operations rapidly. It also has powerful data transformation features that allow users to alter data as needed.
- It significantly cuts down on application downtime.
- It allows the source database to remain fully active during the migration process.
- It is a versatile program that can move data between the most popular commercial and open-source databases.
- Because of its high availability, you can use it for continuous data migrations.
Data migration is critical for firms wishing to take advantage of cloud computing’s scalability and flexibility. Several data migration technologies on the market may help to simplify the transfer process and ensure a smooth transition. This article examined the top 5 data migration tools for cloud pros. Some of the greatest data conversion technologies on the market are Dextrus, Integrate.io, Azure DocumentDB, DBConvert Studio, and AWS Data Conversion Service.
Each tool has its own set of features and capabilities that can help companies achieve their data transfer objectives. Businesses must assess their data migration requirements and select the technology that best fits those needs.
Microsoft is the world’s second most sought-after cloud platform after AWS. Microsoft is increasing its cloud capacity to keep up with the increasing demand for Azure & Microsoft cloud services. The demand for Microsoft Azure is exceptionally high in the global public cloud market, increasing daily.
Cognixia’s Microsoft Azure training is designed to help professionals prepare for the AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator certification examination. With the AZ-104 training, professionals will get the upper hand in a highly competitive IT job marketplace.
Enrol in Cognixia’s AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator training and upgrade your skills. Shape your career & future with our hands-on, live, interactive, instructor-led course. In this competitive world, we are here to provide you with an extraordinarily intuitive online learning experience, help you enhance your knowledge with engaging training sessions, and add value to your skill set. Cognixia caters to both the individuals & corporate workforce with our online interactive instructor-led courses.
This Azure training teaches IT Professionals how to manage their Azure subscriptions, administer the infrastructure, secure identities, configure virtual networking, manage network traffic, connect Azure & on-premises sites, implement storage solutions, implement web apps & containers, create and scale virtual machines, back up & share data, as well as monitor the solution.
In this AZ-104 training, you will cover the following –
- Governance and Compliance
- Azure Administration
- Virtual Networking
- Intersite Connectivity
- Network Traffic Management
- Azure Storage
- Azure Virtual Machines
- Serverless Computing
- Data Protection