Cloud has enveloped every aspect of the IT infrastructure over the past few years. It has also matured considerably, making cloud computing the beating heart for corporations. Today, Amazon Web Services (AWS) owns the lion’s share in the cloud services market. AWS is the sole leader of the cloud computing world and is definitely the first provider that comes to mind when we think of cloud computing. AWS generates more revenue than the combined revenue of the next three cloud providers in the market – Google, Microsoft Azure and IBM.
AWS is a cloud-based platform providing cost-effective, scalable and easy-to-use cloud computing solutions to businesses worldwide. The highly sophisticated and scalable applications provide business features like storage services, analytics services, app services, content delivery management, mobile networking and many more.
As businesses are increasingly moving from traditional in-house services to the cloud, they have reduced their costs effectively and increased efficiency. This in turn, has created a huge market opportunity for skilled AWS certified employees. AWS launched its certification model to validate the knowledge of professionals offering them a platform to hone their skills and boost their resume.
Benefits of AWS Cloud Computing Certification
- Potential to earn more income: There are plenty of surveys conducted in the market speaking about the scope of progress for professionals working towards becoming AWS architects or developers. Professionals getting certified in AWS have a very bright future and the sky is the limit for them. With the combination of experience and an AWS certification these professionals can achieve major milestones in their career. As per Glassdoor, the average salary of AWS professionals in India stands at Rs. 6,07,000 per annum. The salary can go as high as Rs. 1,537,000 per annum depending on your experience and other factors, such as location and employer.
- Cloud is the future: Boston Consulting Group estimates India’s cloud computing market to grow to a total of $8 billion by 2023. As per Gartner, India ranked third in 2019 amongst all the countries in terms of revenue growth from cloud services. AWS is the market leader with 33% of the total industry spend. AWS stands to enjoy the first mover’s advantage as it was introduced in 2006, well before its major competitors. Microsoft Azure launched in 2010, and has grown steadily. However, it only owns 18% of the total market share. AWS has collaborated and partnered with Bharti Airtel now, giving tough competition to the other players in the market. The two have entered into a 10-year strategic partnership which has immensely benefitted the popularity of AWS. AWS is everywhere and can even be classified as an industry on its own. So, having a certification will definitely set you apart from the rest and open a wide array of opportunities for you.
- Validation for your skills and appreciation for the efforts: An AWS certification helps in recognizing the potential and talent of certified professionals. The key benefit associated with this recognition is a digital badge. Certified professionals receive a digital badge which represents your certificate achievement. Not only can these badges be displayed on your social media platforms and email signatures but they also give you instant access to select AWS Summit events and AWS Certification Lounges.
- Increased opportunities: Getting an AWS certification is the best way of showcasing your commitment to the industry. It does not trump experience but it gives you an edge over others. If an employer needs to make a decision between two talented and skilled potential employees, an AWS certification will give the candidate an edge. A potential employer can gauge the technical expertise and core competencies of the candidate based on the certification.
Simply put, an AWS certification is similar to getting a driver’s license. It legally allows you to drive, but it’s your experience and skills in driving which makes you a good driver. Similarly, an AWS certification acts as a stepping stone but helps an employer in filtering out the skilled and technically talented professionals in the crowd. Due to the wide adoption of AWS services within industries globally, recruiters and head hunters are always in search of talented AWS professionals. AWS not only owns the majority market share but also holds about a third of the Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) market.
- Benefits for the employer: Companies with AWS certified professionals can become a member of the AWS Partner Network (APN). Being a member of this elite club offers companies with numerous benefits, such as discounts on trainings and AWS usage support. APN acts as a huge advantage for the company, giving it an edge over others in front of clients. It ultimately helps the organizations in landing AWS projects. Moreover, organizations working on AWS projects day-in-day-out can immensely benefit with AWS certified staff.
- More projects for freelancers: An AWS certificate immensely benefits freelancers. It increases the number of projects they manage. As discussed previously, AWS certification gives access to digital badges which improves their credibility before clients. These digital badges, when used effectively, are an excellent means for potential marketing. It’s a great way to work from home and earn some moolah by showcasing your technical knowledge and skills to potential clients.
- Become part of a community: AWS certification gives you access to the elite community of AWS experts. Certified professionals can also access the AWS Certified LinkedIn community and network. Earning this certification provides you with the opportunity to expand your network, opening up paths for further opportunities.
- AWS learning resources: One of the biggest advantages of being the front runner in cloud computing is the abundance of learning resources available for candidates working to earn the certification credentials. There are plenty of resources available for candidates who are passionate to learn AWS. Moreover, there are several AWS communities for professionals seeking career advice and expert opinions. The best way to learn is through an AWS course from a reputed training provider as it would give candidates an in–depth understanding of the course.
The growing demand for skilled AWS professionals has made the AWS certification an essential requirement in the cloud computing journey of individuals and enterprises. It particularly helps in raising the bar and giving you a competitive edge over other skilled professionals. The certification makes you stay relevant in this ever-evolving dynamic industry.
Cognixia – world’s leading digital talent transformation company offers the Cloud Computing with AWS Certification course which discusses the basics of AWS and Cloud Computing, moving on to discuss more advanced concepts, such as cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). It covers a wide range of AWS technologies, features and best practices, including EC2, Identity Access Management, CloudFront, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudWatch, Elastic Transcoder, Direct Connect, Relational Database Service, Simple Storage Service, Simple Notification Service, load balancing, Simple Queue Service, and RedShift. We wrap it all up with a deep dive into the details of particular elements of the AWS platform. Our AWS cloud computing training course will thoroughly prepare you to appear for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate level certification exam. Once you clear the AWS certification exam, you will earn the credentials of an AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate level. For more information, visit our website here.