Businesses are on cloud 9 with cloud computing , as they are scaling new peaks of success, thanks to the cloud. While many have already taken to the cloud, some are still mulling over it, wondering if moving to the cloud would be right for their business or if it is even necessary. Here are four questions that could help organizations get more clarity.
- Does your business want to break the barriers and expand to reach new horizons?
- Does your business dream of higher ROI?
- Does your business really want to stay ahead in the business competition?
- Does your business want to adopt an approach that requires less investment of time and money?
If the answer is affirmative to any of the above, your business needs to get on Cloud!
“If someone asks me what Cloud computing is, I try not to get bogged down with definitions. I tell them that, simply put, cloud computing is a better way to run your business.” ~ Marc Benioff, Founder, CEO and Chairman of Salesforce
Another very important question to think about is, ‘What would be the benefits if migrated to Cloud?’
The benefits generally depend on the type of business, and the services they provide or need, such as –
- Flexibility with Mobility: With everything on the cloud, a person is able to run the business from anywhere, eliminating the need to be confined to a specific place.
“Cloud is about how you do computing, not where you do computing.” ~ Paul Maritz, CEO of VMware
- Reduced cost: When you can watch your favorite TV series or movie online at a much cheaper rate, would you rather pay more for the outdated cable connections for your televisions? In the same way, businesses are getting an infrastructure for their business at a much cheaper rate, which works in a smooth and dynamic way, eliminating the need to install their own infrastructure which would be expensive, need greater maintenance and extra manpower? Businesses can choose their preferences from Public, Private or Hybrid Cloud and services like Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS) and Recovery as a Service (RaaS).
- No Storage issues: If a business had its own fixed infrastructure, it will have a specific storage limit. And to expand the storage limit, more investments would be needed. But with cloud storage, it is a large pool wherein you can get the space as and when required, so organizations only have to pay for what they use.
“I don’t need a hard disk in my computer if I can get to the server faster… carrying around these non-connected computers is Byzantine by comparison.” ~ Steve Jobs, Co-founder, CEO and Chairman of Apple Inc.
- Quick and Automatic: Setting up the cloud for any business is really easy and simple. It gives quicker deployment of the services, thereby significantly reducing setup time. Once set up, the software integration moves to an automatic base. It does not need any extra manual effort for running or updating the software service. With great cloud services, customization is available giving you the liberty of picking what services you require for your business.
“With the Cloud, individuals and small businesses can snap their fingers and instantly set up enterprise-class services.”
~ Roy Stephan, Founder and CEO, PierceMatrix
Cloud computing is and should be the technology that all organizations, at all scales, should adopt and explore possibilities of growth with. With the increased demand, many companies are looking for professionally skilled people who can help companies achieve their cloud dream. With numerous open positions in the field, individuals are increasingly opting to grow their career in this field. Cognixia provides exactly what is needed for them – A world-class training by the industry experts with state-of-the-art curriculum delivered with a practical approach essential to survive and grow in the industry. Reach out to Cognixia to know more.