How is Google Cloud Platform ideal for Windows Server-based applications?
Ever since Google was founded, it has been constantly innovating & changing the rules to stay relevant in the market, keeping up with trends and user requirements. Google outdid itself once again when it gave the world the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) – a secure, easy-to-use, and affordable platform with rich functionalities.
Google Cloud Platform offers highly scalable cloud computing services that help developers to build, test, as well as deploy applications. Along with that, it also allows clients to compute and store data. The platform includes apps, storage, and cloud computing services for mobile, backend, & web solutions using the internet.
Google Cloud Platform offers tools & enables services via technology partners to migrate & modernize Windows Server-based workloads on GCP. The Google Cloud Platform is an ideal platform for Windows Server-based applications as it has capabilities like custom VM sizing, storage, Al/ML capabilities, and data analytics. Further, it provides better network performance and security features. GCP is the perfect solution for app modernization, allowing enterprises to leverage advanced tools or modern infrastructure constructs to improve app lifecycle management practices.
In this blog, we will discuss the products offered by GCP that are divided into four categories (compute, storage, big data, and services) and how GCP is ideal for Windows Server-based applications –
Google Cloud Platform – Compute
Google Could Platform provides compute services, has two offerings under it –
- Compute Engine: This is Google’s IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service) which allows you to migrate the Windows Server application to virtual instances on GCP. This offers the following features –
- Security & compliance
- Fast & easy provisioning
- Balanced loads
- High-performing virtual computers
- App Engine: This is Google’s PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service) that allows you to use built-in services to develop applications. For this, you need to download the SDK. Once you do that, you can start the development process for free. Its features include –
- Google Scale Deployment
- Robust development tools
- Strong built-in services
- Multiple storage options
- Code focus
- Well-known frameworks & languages
Google Cloud Platform – Storage
GCP’s second product category is storage which has three offerings under it –
- Cloud SQL: This is the relational MySQL database. Google ensures performance & availability by taking care of database management, patch management, as well as replication. It includes the following features –
- Fully managed & seamless control
- Simple migration without lock-in
- Pay per use & package charging
- Cloud Storage: It allows you to easily access data from an app. It includes a simple API (application programming interface), a robust service-level agreement, and handling data programmatically via versioning. Its features include –
- Variable access
- Feature-rich API with objects storage
- Variable & adjustable pricing
- Cloud Datastore: It provides a managed, schemaless, NoSQL database for storing non-relational data. It offers –
- Access to data from anywhere
- Local development tools
- In-built redundancy
- ACID transactions
- Automatic scaling
- Database management
- SQL-like querying & schemaless access
Google Cloud Platform – Big Data
GCP analyzes big data via BigQuery. It processes datasets that contain several terabytes within a few seconds and runs quick SQL-like queries. It also provides real-time insights. This category offers –
- Suitable interface
- Economical big data
- Easy data importing
- Background query execution
Along with these, users also get the developers tools like the Google Plugin for Eclipse, SDK, Android Studio, Push-to-Deploy, Cloud Playground, etc.
Google Cloud Platform – Services
- Flexible client-side integration
- Low-maintenance client-server
- Extended app engine infrastructure
- Single tool to handle multiple clients
The Google Cloud Platform (GCP) allows you to use Google’s core infrastructure, data analytics, as well as machine learning, along with top-notch security features. The platform is committed to open-source & is built on future-proof infrastructure. It captures important data and provides insightful analytics. With GCP, you get to grow from a prototype to production without ever breaking your head about the capacity, reliability, or performance capabilities of the cloud platform. Moreover, the Google Cloud Platform is the cleanest cloud in the industry as a net carbon-neutral cloud, which adds to your sustainability ventures.
Upskill Yourself with Cognixia’s Google Cloud Platform Training
A Professional Cloud Architect can help an organization leverage the GCP and use their understanding to design, develop, & manage robust, secure, scalable, highly available, and dynamic solutions to drive business objectives. This is why Cognixia’s GCP certification is highly sought-after. If you’re looking to upgrade your skillset with the GCP training course, Cognixia is here to help you get the best Google Cloud Architect Certification.
Cognixia – the world’s leading digital talent transformation company is committed to helping you shape your career and future in this competitive world, by providing you with world-class training and certifications in digital technologies. We strive to provide the best online learning experience to enhance your knowledge with engaging training sessions, that will ultimately add value to your skillset. Cognixia caters to both individuals as well as the corporate workforce through super-interactive instructor-led courses.
Cognixia’s online GCP Training will help you advance your career in cloud architecture and helping you learn everything you need to achieve the Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect Certification.
Our GCP certification course will introduce you to cloud computing, discussing the range of services & features offered by the Google Cloud Platform. This GCP course talks about GCP compute services, GCP storage services, as well as Google VPC networking capabilities. The GCP Architect training will help you prepare for the main Google Cloud Professional Architect certification exam.
Under this Google Cloud Platform training course, you will cover the following –
- Introduction to the Google Cloud Platform
- Getting started with the Google Cloud Platform
- Virtual machines in the cloud
- Storage in the cloud
- Containers in the Cloud
- Applications in the cloud
- Developing, deploying, and monitoring in the cloud
- Big Data and Machine Learning in the Cloud