Top 5 Ways to Ace the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Exam
Amazon is one of the most valuable publicly-traded companies around the globe, offering everything from eCommerce to cloud services. Its cloud service – AWS is by far the most popular cloud computing service worldwide. And with more companies and organizations adopting AWS, the opportunities for cloud computing professionals are surging. According to Forbes, AWS Certified Solution Architect – Associate is one of the most desired and sought-after certifications – the third most valuable certification. And that’s just one of the reasons why you should get certified in AWS!
Another significant motivator for people to get AWS cloud computing training is the salary. The average salary for certified AWS Solutions Architects can go up to $127,000.
Although the course is in high demand and has a promising career, it’s not easy to crack the exam. It’s not a simple test where you can buy a few practice papers, run through them, and expect to pass. Therefore, selecting the correct roadmap to cloud computing training is very essential. In this article, we will discuss how you can pass your AWS Certified Solutions Exam even if you don’t have any formal engineering or AWS cloud computing training beforehand.
Join an Online Course
The best way to kick-start your exam preparation is to join a quality online AWS course. Thankfully, there are a variety of resources available online. One of which is – Cognixia’s Cloud Computing with AWS Training!
The course begins with the basics of AWS and Cloud Computing and then moves onto discussing more advanced concepts such as service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and the Amazon Virtual Private Cloud. You get comprehensive guides, hands-on exercises, and real-time use cases which will help you develop a thorough practical understanding of all the concepts.
- Take notes throughout the training/course in an organized manner.
- Re-watch the educational videos to recap everything you need to know.
Read a Book
Books are yet another great resource for preparing for any certification exam. Your best companion, we would say. There are several books that you can prepare for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect exam. The most recommended books would be the official study guides from AWS. Here are some book suggestions –
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide
- Amazon Web Services in Action by Andreas Wittig and Michael Wittig
- AWS Basics: Beginners Guide by Gordon Wong
- Amazon Web Services for Dummies by Bernard Golden
- Learning AWS – Design, Build, and Deploy Responsive Applications using AWS Cloud Components by Aurobindo Sarkar
Solve Practice Tests
Practice tests are the exam stimulator and are the single best thing that can make a huge difference in your exam results. Mock tests or practice exams have multiple advantages –
- They’ll train you to solve problems within the time limit. People often fail to attempt the questions due to time pressure, which is why you need to train yourself to solve the problems in a limited amount of time.
- Tests will consolidate and solidify your knowledge & learning. You will be able to recall and analyze the concepts to answer the problems.
- You’ll be able to analyze your performance and preparation level with the practice tests. It will also help you can determine which areas you need to work on more.
Practice Hands-on AWS Labs
Work inside the AWS console to get hands-on experience and insights. We also advise you to open an AWS free tier account for practice. This is important because it is a known fact that humans tend to remember and memorize things faster if they do or work on those things. It will help you with EC2, DynamoDB, S3, IAM, and others.
Read AWS White Papers
If you want to get a 900+ score, then we suggest you read AWS White Papers and Case Studies provided by AWS. You’d find some of the most practical and in-depth content. If you want to take your preparation a step further then you can also read AWS documentation to get the most up-to-date information. As AWS keeps evolving, reading the updated content can help you a great deal.
Looking forward to getting AWS cloud computing certification? We can help!
Get comprehensive AWS cloud computing Certification from Cognixia – the world’s leading digital talent transformation company.
During this AWS training, you will learn the following:
- Introduction to Cloud Computing & AWS
- EC2 Compute Service
- AWS Cost Controlling Strategies
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- S3 (Simple Storage Service)
- Elastic File System
- Identity Access Management (IAM)
- ELB (Elastic Load Balancer)
- Auto Scaling
- Cloud Formation & Cloud Former
- Simple Notification Service (SNS)
- Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Elastic Beanstalk
- AWS Application Services for Certifications