Why you should take DevOps training?
October 13, 2020 | DevOps, Emerging Technologies, IT, Technology
Today, DevOps is the most exciting trend in computing. This is probably because a trend is exactly what it is not. And despite this growing popularity, DevOps as a discipline doesn’t yet have a clear definition. This is because DevOps does not work on a one-size-fits-all process, instead, it is unique for every organization, and hence, it lacks a formal definition. However, one can roughly say that –
“DevOps is a philosophy of the efficient development, deployment, and operation of the highest quality software/applications possible”
DevOps is built on well-established concepts and practices. It is a holistic approach to continuous customer satisfaction. It helps build communication, integration, and collaboration.
Owing to the immense popularity of the culture, DevOps has ranked among the top technologies to learn for many years in a row.
Why should you learn DevOps?
Time and time again, DevOps has been one of the most sought-after technologies to learn. DevOps certification is held in high steed in the industry and could open up many doors of promising opportunities for you. Learning the concepts of DevOps could help you climb up the corporate ladder towards a successful fulfilling IT career.
Here are some of the most important reasons to learn DevOps –
- When you learn DevOps, you learn how to bring about continuous delivery of software
- You will be equipped to offer faster and better resolutions to every problem
- You’ll be able to offer faster delivery of solutions
- You could build more stable operating environments
- You will learn about a system with the best possible communication channels
- You will get an opportunity to prove your mettle and grow in your career
- You get a significantly shorter time-to-market facility for your codes
- You will be able to improve the quality of the products you deliver
- You will be trained to experiment and expand your horizons beyond conventional boundaries
- You will be able to drive customer satisfaction for your products
- DevOps is a smart career option in the technical job market
- You can reduce rollbacks and downtimes significantly
You can ring in faster innovation and build a productive, successful team
A good DevOps training will give you hands-on exposure to the principles of continuous development and deployment, automation, configuration management, collaboration, IT service agility, promoting innovation, as well as how to work with tools like Git, Chef, SaltStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Jenkins, Cucumber, Ansible Nagios, etc.
What should a good DevOps training cover?
- DevOps tools and technologies: DevOps is not just one technology. Rather DevOps is a culture that employs multiple tools and technologies to facilitate continuous development and continuous integration. A good DevOps training would cover all these tools and technologies and give participants a thorough hands-on experience of using them in real-life scenarios.
- Containers: Containers are an indispensable part of the DevOps culture. Containers are virtualized environments for deploying code. There are multiple tools one uses when working with containers. A good DevOps training would cover the concepts of containers, how to create them, how to work with them, as well as train participants in working with the different tools and platforms when working with containers.
- Scripting languages: Most DevOps tools would involve some extent of scripting for automating things. So, a good DevOps training would cover the basics of scripting languages like YAML.
- Automation Tools: The bottom-line of the DevOps culture is automation. A good DevOps training would equip the participants with the knowledge and skills to be able to handle automation at any level at any time. It should cover all the important tools that one would commonly use to carry out the tasks like configuration management, IaaC framework, etc.
- Testing: DevOps is incomplete without effective and efficient testing. A good DevOps course would cover the fundamentals of testing procedures – manual and automated. A DevOps trained individual should be able to identify bugs and issues at all stages of the software delivery lifecycle.
- Networking fundamentals: More often than not, networking fundamentals are a prerequisite for most DevOps training. However, DevOps training also touches upon networking concepts as they help integrate edge services deployed on containers or virtual machines.
Who should take DevOps training?
DevOps training is generally highly recommended for –
- Software developers
- Project managers
- Product managers
- Software architects
- Application developers
- Network engineers
- Recent graduates with a background in IT and computers
Cognixia – the world’s leading digital talent transformation company offers the DevOps Plus training and certification course. As the name suggests, this DevOps training goes one step ahead and teaches more than just the basics of DevOps. Cognixia’s DevOps Plus training covers:
- Introduction to DevOps
- The significance of DevOps in software development
- The different software development methodologies and their significance
- Introduction to virtualization
- Types of server virtualization
- Different virtualization products
- How to install and configure Vagrant
- Version-control systems
- How to install Git on Windows and Linux systems
- Docker and containerization
- Configuration management with Chef, SaltStack, Puppet, and Ansible
- Monitoring with Nagios application
- Continuous integration using Jenkins
- Container clustering with Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) pipeline
To take this DevOps Plus training, participants need to have a basic understanding of programming and software development. They also need to have a fundamental understanding of UNIX/Linux command-line tools as well as networking concepts.
Cognixia’s DevOps Plus training is taught by some of the best DevOps trainers. We regularly update the curriculum of all our training, including the DevOps training and certification course to ensure all the latest developments get incorporated into our training. The training involves multiple hands-on projects and exercises to ensure that every participant is gets a thorough understanding of all the concepts discussed during the sessions. We also provide round-the-clock support with a dedicated point-of-contact (POC) for every individual. During this DevOps training, you get a chance to interact with some of the best minds in the industry. What’s more, at the end of this DevOps training, after completing the assessment, you get a globally recognized DevOps certification from Cognixia which you can share on your social media and add as a credential to your resume.
So, what are you waiting for? Get certified in DevOps today! To know more about our DevOps training and certification course, visit www.cognixia.com.