DevOps has swiftly captured the attention of the IT industry for all the right reasons. In today’s ever-changing and fast-paced work climate, faster delivery & reduced turnaround times in the software development arena have become critical to an organization’s success. As a result, the delivery of high-quality results with few post-production defects gave rise to DevOps.
This world of DevOps is continuously evolving and growing, with new tools & platforms emerging every day. All of these technologies come with the responsibility of having DevOps operations and integrations successfully.
Working with individuals, processes, and technology to consistently generate business value is emphasized in modern IT. DevOps Engineer Expert is a suitable role-based certification for you if you have these talents. And to get to that level, you need to upgrade and must pass AZ-400: Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions exam.
What is the AZ-400?
The AZ-400: Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions exam is the final step toward earning the prestigious Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert certification. Being named a DevOps Engineer Expert is the pinnacle of achievement for many IT professionals who operate in the cloud and specialize in Microsoft products.
The AZ-400 Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions exam is designed for DevOps professionals who have already earned the Azure Developer Associate or Azure Administrator Associate certification. The Microsoft Azure AZ-400 exam assesses a candidate’s ability to create and implement a DevOps strategy, including DevOps development cycles, dependency management, application infrastructure, plus continuous integration, deployment, and feedback. The certification is an excellent approach for system administrators or developers to demonstrate their DevOps skills.
AZ-400 training – Learning Objective
As a dominant market player, Microsoft is continually providing relevant and essential documentation to satisfy the demands of today’s unique learners, assisting them in building a life in the era of cloud computing. As a result, potential candidates can readily access the necessary specific information, as well as the subtopics featured in each domain.
- Create a strategy for instrumentation.
- Create a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) plan.
- Create a security & compliance strategy.
- Manage source control.
- Make communication and cooperation easier.
- Define & implement continuous integration.
- Establish and implement a plan for continuous delivery & release management.
The AZ-400 exam assesses your knowledge of seven distinct key topics, and this AZ-400 learning pathway is organized similarly.
Who Should Take the AZ-400 certification exam?
Anyone interested in leveraging technology to improve procedures and company operations should think about a career in DevOps. It is not unusual for DevOps IT experts to have an experience in Industrial Engineering, a subject that stresses automation, integration, communication, & collaboration.
IT management jobs and software engineers are the two key sources of DevOps talent. As the fastest-growing cloud provider, Azure’s strategy for growth is based on embracing DevOps as a pillar. If this is a career path that interests you, earning an Azure DevOps certification is likely to be worthwhile.
Azure DevOps allows learners to comply with the rapidly changing trends of the DevOps space. Microsoft Azure is quickly becoming a popular platform for open-source projects, making Azure DevOps a must-have talent for cloud administrators & developers globally. It enables teams to organize their work, collaborate on code development, and create and deliver apps collaboratively. It contributes to the development of software by fostering a culture and encouraging methods that promote cooperation among developers, project managers, as well as other contributors.
Is the AZ-400 Worth It?
Microsoft Azure has shown great growth in recent years and has quickly infiltrated the cloud industry. Azure is used by around 95% of the Fortune 500 enterprises.
As a result, many enterprises are utilizing Azure in their operations, and there are a plethora of Azure 400 DevOps positions available in the sector.
There’s no denying that Microsoft qualifications, mainly the Microsoft Azure certifications, are valuable. The value of passing the AZ-400: Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions test depends on your professional ambitions.
As previously said, if you have a strong predisposition for either software development or IT administration, Microsoft credentials may be a better option for you. If you are passionate about merging both sides of DevOps to create innovative solutions, passing the AZ-400 is necessary.
Microsoft explicitly states that it wants you to be an expert in either administration or programming. You could think you know everything there is to know about one aspect of DevOps. Still, the Microsoft certification is rigorous enough that you’ll surely improve your abilities on the other while you study for the test.
With the AZ-400: Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions, you can –
- Enhance your pre-existing capabilities
- Demand for higher remuneration
- Acquire the skills via a structured learning methodology
- Display commitment to the employers and improve your chances of getting selected.
- Upgrade from an ordinary professional to a skilled & expert professional.
Read a Blog post: Top 5 cloud migration challenges and how to overcome them
AZ-400 Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions Exam
Before taking the Associate exam, you must have at least 6 months of experience as an administrator & 1 or 2 years of experience as a developer. Expect to work in these jobs for at least 1-2 years before taking the AZ-400 Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions examination.
Get Microsoft Azure training
The Microsoft Azure DevOps training course is designed for professionals who build and implement corporate strategies for collaboration, development, infrastructure, source code management, code security, compliance, continuous integration, testing, deployment, analytics, and feedback.
Cognixia is the world’s leading digital talent transformation company, committed to helping you shape your future & career by providing insightful digital technology training and certifications. Our online instructor-led Azure DevOps certification course, i.e., AZ-400: Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions, includes the skills and ideas needed to create and execute Azure DevOps procedures and practices.
In this AZ-400 training, participants will learn how to prepare for DevOps, scale Git for an organization, use source control, consolidate artefacts. Further, they will learn how to design dependency management plans, manage secret info, integrate continuous integration, enact a container build strategy, establish a release management workflow, apply a deployment pattern, and optimize feedback mechanisms.
The Azure training covers the following Modules –
- Planning for DevOps
- Getting started with source control
- Managing technical debt
- Working with Git for enterprise automation
- Configuring Azure pipelines
- Implementing continuous integration using Azure pipelines
- Managing application configuration and secrets
- Implementing continuous integration with GitHub actions
- Designing and implementing a dependency management strategy
- Designing a release strategy
- Implementing continuous deployment using Azure pipelines
- Implementing an appropriate deployment pattern
- Managing infrastructure and configuration using Azure tools
- Third-party Infrastructure-as-Code tools available with Azure
- Managing containers using Docker
- Creating and managing Kubernetes service infrastructure
- Implementing feedback for development teams
- Implementing system feedback mechanisms
- Implementing Security in DevOps projects
- Validating code bases for compliance
Learners enrolled in the AZ-400: Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps training must have basic knowledge and awareness of the following topics:
- Cloud computing principles such as PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS deployments.
- Azure management and development with at least one of these areas of experience. This would need either the Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate or the Microsoft Azure Developer Associate certifications.
- Agile software development, Version control, and basic software development concepts are all critical considerations.
Experience in a software delivery organization is advantageous but not required.